RAPID PURGE™ SYSTEM
Sizes: 8" to 80" (190 mm to 2,044 mm)
Purge larger diameter pipes faster than ever!
Used for stainless, duplex, chrome steels, titanium, nickel and other alloy materials, the PPM Rapid Purge™ system enables high speed welding of larger diameter pipe joints that need to be purged.
The system is designed to enable the user to produce high quality, reliable and repeatable welding of stainless steel tube and pipe joints free from oxidation and discolouration.
A 36" diameter pipe will purge to below 0.1% oxygen in less than 10 minutes and all smaller pipes correspondingly faster.
Due to the quality of the materials used, the Rapid Purge™ system can be used over and over again, reducing manufacturing costs.
The Rapid Purge™ system has been developed specifically to enable high speed purging for any pipe welding application.
Features and advantages
- Dramatic savings of time, gas and money can be made by using these systems.
- Typical purge times of less than 10 minutes!
- The unique thru-bore design of the central sleeve minimizes the area to be purged, dramatically reducing the gas consumption
- Friction free coatings allow easy movement through pipes from one joint to another, even around bends and elbows
- Ready to use, connects to a dedicated and regulated gas supply. Choose any flow rate up to 80 l/min through the twin pre-set purge valve
- A central luminous strip allows fast and accurate alignment of the system to the center-point of the weld area
- The inflatable dams and umbilical hose are covered with a heat resistant material and insulated accordingly for use at temperatures up to 250ºC