PURGE BAG SYSTEM
Sizes: 2" to 24" (50 mm to 610 mm)
Double inflatable pipe weld purging systems
Used for 90% of the traditional pipe weld purging applications to provide bright, shiny, oxide free weld roots. The PPM Purge Bag system is quick and easy to use, providing a very rapid weld purge. High quality materials are used in the production of these systems, guaranteeing perfect oxide-free weld roots in very little time.
Due to the design of this system, the volume of gas used to purge is minimized, resulting in significant reduction of both time and inert gas consumption. Return on investment can be achieved in as little as just one or two welds. These robust systems can be used over and over again paying for themselves in very little time.
Features and advantages
- PPM’s Purge Bag system dramatically reduces purging times, leading to significant savings
- Typical purge times for 4" pipe = 1½ mins; 8" pipe = 4 mins; 12" pipe = 8 mins
- Ready to use, connects to a dedicated and regulated gas supply. Choose any flow rate up to 20l a min.
- Gas pressure control ensures an even positive root bead with no notching
- Quick and easy to install, simplifying the process of inert gas purging
- Heat resistant up to 70ºC continuously
- Use less inert gas. The volume of purge gas used is less than 2% of a conventional purge